Sunday, October 05, 2008

Good Enough

I received an email that made my heart sink & hope at the same time. Mostly sink, but I'm an eternal optimist (although I fear that may be waning).

I've written a whole response, but I think he deserves to read it before I post it here. Plus, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to let anyone else see me that vulnerable.

The whole situation reminded me of the lyrics at the end of a Sarah McLachlan song called "good enough." Now, that is about physical abuse, and my situation is not at all like that. But there's a dichotomy within me, and these lyrics express it better (much better) than I can at the moment:

Don't tell me why he hasn't been good to you
Don't tell me why he's never been there for you
Don't you know why will never be good enough.

Oh, just let me try, and I will be good to you
Just let me try, and I will be there for you
I'll show you why you're so much more than good enough.

-Sarah McLachlan

My tears have dried momentarily, so I think I'll get ready for bed now. I'm hoping that tomorrow will bring the clarity I pray for so passionately.

2 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Blogger Frankie Franco III said...

How ya be stranger!? I hope all is well :D

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Cheesy Goodness said...

I'm learning a tough lesson, but overall, it's a good thing. You know what I mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home