Thursday, September 18, 2008

really

I truly love the way that Adam always encourages me. I was thinking of the forlorn song I wrote last night, and when I went to sing it aloud, I couldn't. I heard Adam's voice telling me that that's not what God would have for me and not to wallow. I don't think he'd use those words, though. It would come out all cool and poignant. That's the other thing about Adam. He has his own way of saying things, and the meaning is slightly different than what one might initially suspect. It's a layers- thing.

I am way grateful for this friend, because I always learn so much, without him even realizing it. I learn about trust, friendship, fidelity, growth, and joy. I can only hope that, someday to someone, I'll be a voice of encouragement in his/her head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home