Wednesday, October 08, 2008

More Than Meets The Eye

I stepped out in faith. I did the hard thing by telling someone the painful truth, even though I knew it could mean the end of our friendship. Truth overcame my fear. And God blessed me for it.

I got a great text back. Part of it said, "The light u shined on my actions really hit me like a kick in the teeth. The truth really does hurt. We need to talk." Now, you might be thinking that what my friend said was the great part. Nope, not really. Don't get me wrong; I appreciate it, I'm grateful, and it's wonderful. But the fantastic part was that it confirms a lesson God's been teaching me this year. Being a friend isn't all fun and games. Friendship includes working through the tough stuff. It means giving and receiving rebuke, knowing that it all stems from love. I felt vulnerable & raw in what I wrote, but it was worth it.

I know I need to grow as well. There are some childish "quirks" that I've held onto for far too long. It's time for me to "man up' in a few areas.

I am game. I am ready. I am super grateful to the Lord for working this truth into my life: If the truth is spoken in love & received with a heart of humility, God will change that heart. He desires to sanctify us. He doesn't want us to remain in the same state we came to Him- He wants to transform us!

I'm ready to be a transformer as well as transformed.

Yay God!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home