Saturday, March 29, 2008

Sleep is a reconciling

A rest that Peace begets.

I should definitely be asleep. I've been tired (and slightly moody) all day. Yet, I went out to sushi with roomie. I then followed that up with after hours at Extreme, leaving there sometime around midnight. I've been up checking out new music and videos. And, though I've made some great finds, it doesn't negate the fact that I'm still up at 2:30 AM.

I have a million things running through my mind. I've been thinking about my family* and all of the sadness that has befallen us lately. I'm trying to dertermine if a friend is challenging me or causing discontentment within me. I'm struggling with death and life and expectations. I need to read the Word, and stop strutting around in this mental mire.

Okay, I'm off to that. Possibly Phil 4:4-8.... rejoice in the Lord alway, and again I say rejoice. Let your gentleness be made know to all, the Lord is at hand. Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything, with prayer and petition, let your requests be made known God. And the peace of God, which surpasses your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is pure, whatever is good, whatever is nobel, if there is anything praiseworthy, mediate on these things.

Oh, even that memorized portion has lifted my spirit. Thank You, Jesus.






(note: must call Tina to check on game schedule; then must call sister before she disowns me again).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home