Thursday, August 17, 2006

"Happy are those who keep My ways. Hear instruction and be wise, and do not refuse it. Happy is the man listening to Me, watching daily at My gates, keeping watch at My doorposts."

Today I read: Nehemiah 7:73-9:21
The best thing I underlined: Nehemiah 8:10 & 9:5

Thought: The Levites called the people to stand and praise God! That's the response once we've 1) read the Word of God and 2) confessed and worshipped God.

How it impressed me: Reading God's word leads to confession and repentance, which leads to worshipping and praising God for who He is. We're not to stay down-hearted after repenting. That's never been what our Savior has wanted. We're to give praise to our God for all He's done, especially for His faithfulness in our weakness. He is worthy, and praising Him is what happens when we speak about God's wonders and faithfulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home